Monday, July 15, 2013

tiramisu

Edit: I forgot to mention to use the hard lady fingers (the Italian kind)...you don't want to use the sponge cake textured ones...the dry, hard ones soak up the coffee and that's what you want! :)

Hello!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!! :) We celebrated Jakov's birthday....he had a great time with friends and family...problem is I'm so busy being the hostess I always forget about taking pictures and my husband NEVER takes photos! I think next time we 'celebrate' and I'm the hostess I will assign someone to take photos!! Anyways...one of the desserts I made this weekend was Tiramisu! So easy...so yummy!!





Ingredients
500 grams mascarpone cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups heavy cream (whipped)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
21/2 cups strong coffee or espresso, cooled
2 tablespoons unsweatened cocoa
30 lady fingers


Whip heavy cream and keep in fridge until ready to use. In a large bowl cream together mascarpone, vanilla and sugar. Add half the whipped cream to lighten and then fold in the remaining cream. Do not over mix. To assemble, Have ready your coffee (in a shallow bowl), cocoa and lady fingers. Have a 9 by 9 square baking pan ready to start assembling. Dip each ladyfinger into the coffee and lay in the bottom of your pan, once the whole bottom of the pan has the coffee soaked ladyfingers ready pour over half of the mascarpone and cream mixture, spread evenly over ladyfingers and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Arrange the remaining coffee soaked ladyfingers on top of the layers and spread over the remaining filling. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours before serving.Garnish each serving with some fresh raspberries and chocolate covered coffee beans. Recipe from Laura in the Kitchen.



Have a great day! xo
Pin It!

1 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Aw, I'm so glad Jakov's birthday celebration went well. Your dessert looks delicious! I'm the opposite...I take tons of pictures (never in any of them, but still) however I can't bake to save my life!