Monday, April 17, 2017

oreo cake


Happy Easter Monday! 

I hope you all had a lovely Easter with your family and friends and if you don't celebrate Easter I hope you had a lovely weekend.



My kids wanted me to make my oreo cake for Easter which is really my chocolate cake that I just tweak a bit.


Delicious Devil's Food Cake

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/14 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degress C.
Grease (not oil) and lightly flour botton of cake pan (if using). In a large bowl, blend all ingredients at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans/muffin tins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or around 18 to 20 minutes in muffin tins (depending how big you muffin tray is). Cool completey and frost.



So the cake part is the same, the tweaking takes place with the frosting. I whip up some whipping cream (I'm sure cool whip would work just fine), I don't really measure how much I use but once I've mixed the frosting I add the whipped cream an mix that in. I break up a bunch of oreo cookies and cover the first layer of cream (the more the better). The cookie softens in the cake and it's YUM!
For the top of the cake I just place oreo halves around the edge.




Creamy Whipped Frosting

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
pinch of salt (if you are using unsalted butter)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup of butter (113 grams)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In small saucepan, combine first 3 ingredients. Blend in milk. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens stirring constantly. Stir in butter. Chill about 1/2 hour or until cool. Stir in vanilla and beat at high speed until light and fluffy.



xo
Pin It!

0 comments: